Mundare Sausage Patty Breakfast Sandwich
6 Servings (6 Muffins) // 35 Minutes
These tasty, easy to make breakfast sandwiches are certain to become a family favourite. The eggs can be prepared the evening before, and kept chilled in the fridge, and can be easily warmed in the microwave, along with the sausage patty to make a fast, nutritious breakfast meal. These high protein, low-fat sandwiches are perfect for active families on the go!
- Cooking spray
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup (250mL) egg whites
- Mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, or any other vegetable you like
- 1 cup cheddar, or any other cheese you prefer, grated or chopped
- Seasonings to your preference
- 6 Stawnichy’s Mundare Sausage Patties
- Whole wheat English muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 6-muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, and egg whites. Add in any spices you like (chili flakes, pepper, salt, etc.). Divide mixture evenly between muffin wells.
- Dice mushrooms, peppers, and onions… and sprinkle a small handful of each into each muffin well. (They’ll float).
- Sprinkle cheese into the egg-vegetable mixture in the muffin wells. (It’ll sink).
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Once you take the eggs out of the oven, start warming the sausage patties over medium-high heat in a skillet. They will take 4-6 minutes to heat through, turning once while warming.
- Toast the English muffins until golden brown.
- Once the English muffin is toasted, assemble into a sandwich with the sausage patty and egg.