Spicy Bean Burger Quesadillas
4 Servings (4 quesadillas) // 30 Minutes
Quesadillas are a fun, easy lunch idea and are a great alternative to the typical boring sandwich. These are a healthy, high protein meal and kids are sure to love them! They can also be made in advance and taken to school and eaten cold the next day. Your whole family is sure to enjoy these and they will become a staple in your meal plan.
- Olive oil, or any other cooking oil
- 4 large tortilla shells
- Pesto Sauce (can be easily purchased at any grocery store)
- Bell peppers and onions
- 2 cups cheddar, or any other cheese you prefer, grated
- 4 Stawnichy’s Spicy Bean Burgers
- Sour cream and salsa as preferred
- Slice peppers and onions and place into a skillet with a small amount of cooking oil on medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring to ensure they do not burn. You don’t want to overcook and have them turn mushy.
- While pepper/onion mixture is cooking, in a separate skillet, on medium heat, put a small amount of oil and begin cooking Spicy Bean Burgers. After cooking for 3-4 minutes, flip burgers and continue cooking for another 3-4 minutes.
- Once bean burgers are nearing completion, break them apart with the spatula into small crumbled pieces and finish cooking for another 1-2 minutes.
- Once both the vegetable mixture and the burgers are done cooking, remove from heat and let stand for 2-3 minutes.
- On the countertop, lay out your tortillas, spread a small amount of pesto sauce and sprinkle a handful of cheese on half of each tortilla.
- Add some peppers/onions to each tortilla, and ¼ of the bean burger crumble. Once this is all on the tortilla, add another small handful of cheese sprinkled over the mixture.
- Fold tortillas in half and transfer to clean skillet (or you can use a grill/Panini press) and cook for 6-8 minutes, turning once while cooking.
- Take out of skillet or remove from grill, and let stand for 2-3 minutes. Cut into 3-4 pieces, and serve with salsa and/or sour cream as you like.